Default Phone app in contacts

Discussion on iOS topics, like integration with iOS native Phone app and history using CallKit, Push Notifications for incoming calls, address book integration etc.
wanderley

Default Phone app in contacts

Post by wanderley » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:56 am

I noticed that once you make a call and select Groundwire or receive a call via Groundwire the little icon chances from phone to Groundwire and an entry is added to the Social Profile but if you manually add a number to the Social Profile and select Groundwire app then the preferred calling method is not changed automatically.

I hope this CallKit limitation (I assume) changes so that it would be simple to export contacts and add a Social Profile and import it back so Groundwire is the default app

wanderley

Re: Default Phone app in contacts

Post by wanderley » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 am

I would like to make all my contacts’ phone numbers default to Groundwire app instead of Apple’s phone app?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Default Phone app in contacts

Post by admin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:41 am

Hello,

I don't think there is a way to make ourselves the default dialer, CallKIT doesn't work like that.
However, you can make app specific favourites. You can make a favourite that will specifically use Groundwire for example.

And I believe we are still looking into how the Social Profile can be used here.