Beginning of Audio is cut off

Discussion on iOS topics, like integration with iOS native Phone app and history using CallKit, Push Notifications for incoming calls, address book integration etc.
Albrecht

Beginning of Audio is cut off

Post by Albrecht » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 am

Hey there!

I have a small problem with Acrobits Softphone. When I call someone I often don't hear them answering (saying their name or whatever) because the beginning of the audio is cut off. The reset of the call is just fine. But it's still weird, because I wait for them to say anything and then they say "Hello? Someone there?" because they already did. I hope you get what I mean, haha.
It seems like the audio session is started too late, it is still ringing on my end for like a second after they answered. This problem occurs both with my own Asterisk server as well as with a direct connection to Deutsche Telekom's SIP server.

Thanks for your help!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Beginning of Audio is cut off

Post by admin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:18 am

Hello,

What is the exact device and iOS version.

There can sometimes be a slight delay depending on various things (network connection, speed of device, when we actually receive the audio, etc.). But I wouldn't expect it to be more than say half a second in most cases.

Albrecht

Post by Albrecht » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 am

I'm using an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.1. But this happened with iOS 9 in the past as well.
It may be just a slight delay, but it is often enough to cut off the greeting of the person answering the call.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 am

It should start playing as soon as we receive audio. But if you email us at support@acrobits.cz, we can get a log and take a closer look.