CallKit issues using Softphone 5.8.2

Discussion on iOS topics, like integration with iOS native Phone app and history using CallKit, Push Notifications for incoming calls, address book integration etc.
Alex.M

CallKit issues using Softphone 5.8.2

Post by Alex.M » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Hello. I would like to report several issues after recent update of Softphone to v. 5.8.2 for ios.

1. Some incoming calls are marked as Softphone-video when they are not (at least in standard Phone application of ios and standard screen of incoming call through callkit).

2. When answering incoming call through CallKit interface or in Softphone the loudspeaker is turned on. I suppose it has something with calls randomly being marked as video calls. I disabled auto turn on of loudspeaker in setting for all calls but it didn't help to solve issue. Loudspeaker seems to turn on even for calls marked as audio-calls.

Both issues never happened before update. iOS version 10.2

Alex.M

Re: CallKit issues using Softphone 5.8.2

Post by Alex.M » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:41 pm

upd:
- outgoing calls are registered as video-calls in the phone.app
- incoming calls go to loudspeaker

admin
Site Admin

Re: CallKit issues using Softphone 5.8.2

Post by admin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Hello,

1 is expected, the problem with marking the call as audio with Callkit is that you can't turn on video in the call. But if you don't use video, you can disable all the video codecs and this should stop this from happening.

2 we are already looking into. But I think it at least partly relates to video, so I think if you disable all the video codecs, it could help here as well.