No voice from caller on pushnotification

Discussion on iOS topics, like integration with iOS native Phone app and history using CallKit, Push Notifications for incoming calls, address book integration etc.
Bigmak

No voice from caller on pushnotification

Post by Bigmak » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Hello,
I'm using softphone with iOs 10.1. When push notification is enabled and I receive a phone call but I'm not in the app, the caller hear my voice, but I don't here the caller's voice. I tried this with wifi and lte as well with the opus and g711 codec.
When I am in the App everything works fine. Also when the app runs in the background and receives incoming calls directly.

Matthias

Re: No voice from caller on pushnotification

Post by Matthias » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:36 am

Same to me.

iPhone 6S, iOS 10.2

If the app "Softphone" is running and a call comes in, all works perfect. But the voice is not received and sent in all other conditions (app closed by pressing Homebutton, iPhone locked, with and w/o HomeKit, with and /w/o loudspeaker, ...).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 am

Hello,

Please try this.
Go to the advanced settings of the SIP Account. Tap on NAT traversal. Try with it set to Auto, STUN and Off. Try each option with Discover Global IP set to internal and external. If you still have an issue, set it to STUN and Discover global IP to external. Then go to the main settings screen for the account. Tap on incoming calls, then Push Notifications, then Push options. Turn Simulate NAT off.

Please try on wifi first. We have a lot of things you can tweak, but some providers may have issues with Push on cellular data no matter what we do.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 am

Please let me know the results as well.

Matthias

Post by Matthias » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:37 am

Hello,
it works now with NAT-Traverse = STUN. The other settings have no influence. But only in WLAN. In LTE still no voice transfers (Germany Vodafone).

Regards, Matthias

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Can you email us at support@acrobits.cz
We can take a look at a log.
But it may be all we can do at this point.
Cellular data is known for issues with SIP. And even with all these settings, the combination of cellular data and Push might be too much for some providers.